2020 Spelling Bee for Design 39
Open to Middle School students grades 6-8
Signup using the button below
- The 6th, 7th, or 8th grader who wins the school spelling bee will be
able to compete in 51st annual San Diego County spelling bee, to be held at
the Town and Country San Diego Mission Valley on March 19, 2020 (winner
of that bee will move on to the National spelling bee in Washington D.C.
- Informational meeting/initial sign up: Completed in Dec 2019 – Elliot Husseman
(winner of 2019 SD bee) and Leela Sessoms (2018 winner of PUSD bee) shared their
- Signups are open through Jan 24th
- Middle school spelling bee, Feb 4th, 2020
- A list of words will be shared with signed up participants (this is a standardized list released by the Spelling Bee organization)
- No weekly meeting/classes, students prepare on their own.
- If there are significant number of students (>20) and there is need/request for pre-test/practice, there may be one scheduled in late January 2020.
Questions? Current POC:
• Pinata Sessoms – D39C Grade 6 Parent