The Design39 Collaborative has partnered with JR Organics Farm in Escondido to offer produce boxes every Wednesday to our school families and surrounding community. By subscribing to the Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program, you’re purchasing a “share” of the farms’ produce. Your family will receive either a small or large box of fresh, local, organic fruits and vegetables that change with the season.
A small portion of every box that you purchase goes to fund the Design39 garden. In addition, JR Organics donates a produce box for use in the school’s food-related classes.
You can also purchase a large bouquet of fresh picked, seasonal flowers, grown on our flower farm in San Marcos. They are certified or transitional organic.
DETAILED PURCHASE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Select the size of the box you want, how many weeks you want the boxes delivered, and your start date. Only payments via PayPal are accepted. Please note that your start date cannot be the same week as you place the order. So if today is Monday, your start date can be no sooner than the Wednesday of next week. If you are unsure if your family will like the boxes, we suggest ordering several as a trial. Refunds or partial refunds cannot be issued once your order is placed.
The REGULAR BOX contains 11 different seasonal items, and can typically feed a family of 4 for a week. For example: 2 heads of different lettuce, 1 bunch of green onions, 1 bunch of kale, 1 head of broccolini, 1 bunch of arugula, A bag of spinach, A bunch of carrots, 3 apples, 5 oranges, 4-5 peppers, 2 avocados
The SMALL BOX contains 7 different items. For example: 1 head of lettuce, 1 bunch of beets, swiss chard, celery, 1 bag of spinach, 4 oranges, 2 avocado
2. Box deliveries are ongoing and will be delivered during school holidays. If you anticipate that you will not be able to receive your box during a scheduled holiday, please contact Stacey Baganz at least one week prior to arrange to skip the delivery. At times, the farm may move delivery days to accommodate holiday weeks. This information will be communicated to you in advance.
3. CSA boxes are delivered every WEDNESDAY between 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. All boxes not picked up by 6:00 p.m. will be removed and donated, no exceptions. We do not have the staffing power to chase down boxes that are forgotten the next morning. There are no refunds for missed or forgotten boxes, or weeks that you will be unable to pick up your box. For those weeks, please find a friend to pick up your box that would benefit from your produce, or we can donate it for you.
4. What if I don’t like something that is in my box? JR Organics provides an exchange box with each delivery. You are able to switch several of the items you don’t like for something that suits your taste.
5. Questions? Please contact Stacey Baganz at 858-248-5343 or email@example.com.
UPDATE: Closed for new orders as of September 21, 2016. Check back soon for updates or contact contact Stacey Baganz at 858-248-5343 or firstname.lastname@example.org.