On behalf of The Design39 Collaborative and Design39 Staff, we would like to thank parents and families for their support, donations, time and dedication to making this year’s Staff Appreciation a huge success.
Our week of appreciation for our amazing staff was a big hit and it was, in no small measure, due to everyone’s’ hard work.
Here is what the staff got to enjoy during Staff Appreciation Week:
- Lattés anyone? Espresso Chauffeur rolled in their espresso bar and treated the whole staff to lattes, coffee and tea.
- Each staff member received a personalized Mason jar mug to stay hydrated.
- TK-K-1 Families sponsored a delicious Italian themed lunch with pizza, baked ziti, homemade lasagna and garlic bread. As well as morning pastries and afternoon snacks.
- Staff members’ eyes lit up as they walked in to their café where the walls were full of appreciation blooms. The students wrote special notes for their LEDs and staff members telling them in so many words how they’ve made a difference.
- Morning brew was sponsored by Starbucks.
- 2-3 Grade Families sponsored a Spring lunch with delicious salads, sandwich wraps and fruits. They also treated the staff members with morning pastries and afternoon snacks.
- All staff members were invited to the showcase room for a motivational breakfast presentation by Waller Clark. As they munched on delicious homemade quiche, fruit salad, French toast casserole and bagels, Mr. Clark reminded our staff that what they do is a gift to the world and to every child they guide.
- 4-5-6 Grade Families sponsored a delectable Cajun themed lunch. Gumbo for lunch with King Cake for dessert, it doesn’t get any better than that. But wait it does! They couldn’t leave out their morning pastries and afternoon snacks
- THE GRAND FINALE! Our FIRST D39 School-wide assembly in appreciation for our staff was a huge success! We started out our day with a little friendly competition between Pod B, Pod C and Staff. A human scavenger hunt made for a rowdy crowd and a lot of fun! Pod B took the trophy of a big set of precious Dry Erase Markers.
- Not a dry eye in the house as everyone viewed our video montage in appreciation for all our staff. Check out the video HERE!
- Our awesome Principal Sonya was presented, on behalf of our D39 students with a canvas as a reminder of the little hands they all hold and guide.
- Rounding up our assembly was our surprise flash mob. Students got up and danced to Shake it Off by Taylor Swift. Watch it HERE!
Ending our week of appreciation, our staff was treated to an authentic Mexican Taco Bar. They were drawn in by the smells of grilled carne asada, chicken and pork tacos with homemade salsas, tortillas and guacamole.
WOW! What a week! Our staff is deserving of all of this and more. THANK YOU for your daily commitment and hard work to make our children outstanding members of society. For helping them bloom toward a bright future full of endless possibilities.