In August, we set a goal of raising funds to support our students and LEDs. Six weeks into the school year, we surpassed our fundraising goal, raising over $200,000. Because of your incredible generosity, within just the first 4 ½ months of the school year, The D39C Collaborative achieved the following:
- Acquired musical instruments and secured educational software across the grade spans.
- Supports 18 student enrichment clubs in science, technology, engineering, art, fitness and math including Run39, FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC), Science Olympiad and so much more!
- Created a team of over 40 Classroom Ambassadors who help host amazing connecting events and strengthen relationships with the LED community.
- Hosted the “Hour of Code” at D39C for the first time, attracting 50+ volunteers from many San Diego companies.
- Provided grants to students, parents and LEDs that helped D39C become a No Place for Hate school, purchased new playground activities for TK-1 students, enhanced D39C counseling efforts, and much more!
In celebration of D39C’s fifth year and achieving our fundraising goal, your student(s) will receive a pin as a token of our appreciation. We look forward to the rest of the school year. We hope to see you on Saturday, January 26th from 1pm to 4pm for Amazing Race39 – our multicultural event.