Get involved and make a meaningful impact on our school!
We rely on the support of our wonderful parent volunteers.
There are two types/levels of volunteers in PUSD.
Level 1 clearance is sufficient for the vast majority of volunteering opportunities.
For volunteers who will work with students under the supervision of staff, i.e., field trips or classroom support, campus events, or activities in collaborative spaces.
For volunteers who will work independently with students, without the supervision of a staff member, e.g. safety patrol coordinator, mentors for Student Enrichment clubs and volunteer instructors.
Level II volunteers will have significant unsupervised contact with students. Click Here for Instructions.
Join us today by following these simple steps to begin volunteering
Step 1: Download and Complete 3 Forms
Click here to download application packet containing:
- Level 1 Application (Megan’s Law)
- Code of Conduct (resubmit yearly)
- Code of Confidentiality (resubmit yearly)
Step 2: Obtain Proof of Negative TB Test
The law requires that TB clearance (TB skin test or a TB Risk Assessment Questionnaire) be completed by a licensed health care provider.
Here are a few nearby resources where you can obtain TB clearance:
- Your primary health care provider
- CVS Minute Clinic, 16773 Bernardo Center Dr., Rancho Bernardo, CA 92128
- CVS Minute Clinic, 12358 Poway Rd., Poway, CA 92064
- Walgreens Clinic, 13390 Poway Rd., Poway, CA 92064
- Neighborhood Health Clinic, 460 N. Elm St., Escondido, CA 92025 (760-520-8100)
- Public Health Center, 649 West Mission Ave, Suite 2, Escondido, CA 92025 (619-692-5565)
Step 3: Submit Completed Forms and TB Test Results at D39C Welcome Center
- Please have your ID with you when handing in your packet at the Welcome Center.
- Welcome Center will notify you once your application has been processed and approved.
- Please do not volunteer until you are notified about approval.
Additional Guidelines for Volunteers
When you come to volunteer, please sign in at the Welcome Center and put on a name tag. You must do this each day you volunteer. This helps us identify people on our campus and helps keep our kids safe. When done for the day, please sign out at the Welcome Center. Thank you for remembering to do this!
If you are feeling ill or have any symptoms related to cold, flu, or COVID-19, please do not volunteer.