For the year 2020-2021, we have a number of board positions opening up. We also have many other areas where you may be able to contribute.
Below is a brief description of roles & responsibilities of The D39C Collaborative Board currently.
As the leader and member of the executive committee, the responsibilities of the President are the following, but not limited to:
- Preside over all board meetings
- Supervise and directing all activities of the board
- Understand and look to implement board policies and procedures
- Collaborate with the Principal & the Campus team on an ongoing basis
- Engage in thoughtful interactions keeping the community’s best interest as priority
- Collaborate with all members of the board and build a shared vision
- Built the culture of The D39C Collaborative
Responsible for assisting the President in the following, but not limited to:
- Prepare and revise annual budgets
- Plan and facilitate monthly board meeting agendas
- Preside over board meetings in the absence of the President
- Oversee Collaborative insurance by updating the policy when new events are planned, serve as liaison between Collaborative and insurance broker
- Serve as Secretary of Executive Committee
Responsible for housing Collaborative files documents for legal and historical purposes.
- Maintain Collaborative binder containing organization’s legal documents and records
- Annually distribute, administer, and retain Conflict of Interest forms
- Record minutes at all Board of Directors meetings
- Distribute and store these records in the Drive
- Reserve spaces on campus for any Collaborative events/needs through Facilitron
- Liaise with PUSD to get events approved and paid for (event forms, insurance, etc.)
Responsible for the big picture, longer term financial demands and day-to-day finances:
- Reconcile bank statements for each of the accounts with the books
- Provide Financial Reports to the board on a monthly basis:
- Assist with campus sales/events where finances are routed via the collaborative
- Volunteer at campus events for PayPal point of sale processing
- Work with school site finance to balance campus purchases with bank statements
- Carry out financial review/audit
- Files taxes and send out 1099s
- Submit statement of information to the State of California
- Payment processing and donation management
- Processing reimbursements (PAF) and pay vendors
- Maintain bookkeeping system
Ambassador39 (3 – TK/K ; 1-5 ; 6-8)
Responsible for building positive relationships and communication between LED’s/Staff and parents with the vision of helping every person within our campus feel a sense of fulfillment and belonging.
- Develop a whole campus staff roster including emails, room numbers and their budgets for the year (birthdays, holiday, end of year and connecting events)
- Develop an Ambassador roster for every staff member who is in need of a liaison
- Communicate relevant homeroom information from campus and collaborative to the ambassadors, ambassador relay it to their homeroom parents
- Obtain rosters of both parent emails per homeroom
- Develop year long vision plan of to-do’s and events
- Plan and book dates if all connecting events throughout the year including the event form submittals
- Update staff favorites lists
- LED breakfast and relationship building events. Including a meet and greet with ambassadors before the school year starts
- Ambassador relationship building events
- Build relationships with our LEDs to fulfill their request of needs, incorporate their request for homeroom volunteers and connection opportunities
Community & Culture (2)
Responsible for planning the events that draw the members of the campus community together. We plan fun events with a variety of themes that celebrate our diversity and culture.
- Plan several large campus wide events to celebrate the start and end of school, including
- Experience39 (August) welcoming everyone to the start of the school year
- Passport39, a multicultural event celebrating the cultural diversity on campus.
- Staff Appreciation Week, celebrating our LEDs and staff on campus
- Bike 2 School in May- a fun way to meet your local neighbors
- Work with the individual chairs for each of the above events
- Provide support to Parent Connecting Events
- Provide support to campus events that involve the community
Communications & Marketing (2)
Responsible for the overall Communications plan with all Collaborative channels. Emphasis on Internal Communications. Sub group is Public Relations or External Communications.
- Field all Weekly Update communications from the Collaborative and aggregate
- Run all Social Media platforms for the Collaborative
- Overlay in meetings to help develop Communication plans for events, fundraising, etc.
- Assist with design, promotion, fliers and awareness with other Collaborative groups (fundraising, Service39, Parent Education, Community & Culture Events, etc)
- Update Collaborative News section with additional information not suitable for Weekly
- Help identify External PR opportunities for D39 Campus and communicate these internally (Media Section of Collaborative site)
- Passion projects: Designer Diaries, Social Media Share Day, Parent Perspective Blog
Student Enrichment (2)
Responsible for bridging our volunteers, students, LEDs and the campus by providing leadership and guidance to continually improve the various academic, athletic and arts programs we offer currently on campus.
- Work with collaborative members (Finance, Tech, Communications, Logistics) to successfully run a plethora of clubs on campus
- Evaluate/brainstorm proposals for new clubs and ensure proper vetting takes place (curriculum, student needs, organic interest )
- LED led programs: support LED’s with programs initiated by them (higher priority)
- Work with existing head coaches before end of year to plan for next academic year. This includes coach identification, supplementing leadership, recruiting new coaches etc
- Host SE Info Night start of the year
- Set requirements for tech team to improve SE tech experience for students, coaches
- Maintain/ensure central student/volunteer roster is current and accessible
- Oversee SE finance, monitor and approve Club expenses
- Manage head coach/leadership recruitment when there is a transition
- End of season reviews/postmortem
Fundraising & Business Partners (2)
Responsible for coordinating the fundraising activities for the school, raising $300,000+ per year for D39C. The Fundraising Chair oversees the following key activities:
- 39 Days of Giving campaign: The annual direct ask of the campus community. This includes developing the direct mail piece in collaboration with the President and others, producing the mail piece, mailing, promoting the campaign, making solicitations…etc.
- Corporate Sponsors: The creation of the corporate sponsorship program, solicitation of sponsors and serving as the liaison between the school and corporate sponsors.
- Donor Recognition Statue: Serve as the project manager for the design and installation fo the annual donor recognition statue.
- Industry Partners: Identify opportunities to interact and connect with industry expert organizations and look to partner with them to provide Design39Campus exposure to these organizations.
Technology & Innovation
Responsible for helping the Collaborative board members and the parent community with technology needs as well as partnering with LEDs to integrate technology in the various grade spans.
- Grow the Technology and Innovation group and establish mission-based subcommittees with a high degree of empowerment, strong communication, and rapid information flow.
- Manage G*Suite (formerly Google Apps) for board members.
- Manage Collaborative website
- Commerce Integration for forms and donations
- Assist with procurement of technology applications used by the collaborative & campus
- Seek out innovation & technology engagements for the classroom
- Plan all Parent Education Events
- Coordinate speaker/activity for event
- Create sign-up genius for event, plan food and childcare
- Work with Communication Chair on promotion plan for event
- Maintain Parent Ed page on Collaborative Website
- Add resources to page as needed
- Work with Counselors to communicate tools to parents
Grants Chair (and Team Members)
- Create and broadcast grant application
- Revise grant criteria in conjunction with commitee
- Review and disseminate key points of proposals to committee
- Facilitate a vote for approval
- Communicate results of vote to applicants
- Track grant finances and communicate balance to committee
- Share out status of approved grants at monthly Collaborative board meeting
- Bid and negotiate pricing on spirit wear from several vendors
- Pick spirit wear line including articles of clothing and color choices
- Work with the designers on new logos
- Set pricing on articles of clothing and work with finance to stay within budget
- Sell spirit wear at Experience39 and other campus events
- Work with vendor to set up the website
Purpose is to engage and involve D39C families to volunteer their time and talent to better our campus, our local, and global communities. Our hope is to collaborate together – students, LEDs and parents to find opportunities to serve that align with our Design39 philosophy of empathy, giving, kindness and compassion. Areas include:
- Volunteer Opportunities for Service Projects
- LED/Homeroom Service Project Support
- Family Support
Traffic & Safety Support
Provide support for the campus in the following areas
- Signs for traffic and pedestrian flow
- Pedestrian crossing guard volunteering support
- Community awareness and engagement for safety
- Campus initiatives related to safety including the playground
The Collaborative also has various support areas where parents contribute their strengths and skills to make a difference in the Design39Campus community.
- Garden Support
- Graphic Design
- Public Relations
- Social Media
- Web Design
- Webmaster for Collaborative and 39x Websites
- Event Organization
- Finance Support (AP Processing, Budgeting,& Tracking Student Enrichment Funds)